Monday, September 8, 2008

Writing the Exploratory Essay

At first I did not know what aspect of PW I wanted to explore, but after thinking about what type of PW I may want to do later in life I decided to think of questions about an editor. Considering I still do not know what kind of editor I may want to be, I thought of general questions about editors and why would these questions would be important. I thought back to lessons we had about kairos and the different perspectives (textual, individual and social). I also thought back to English 102 and remembered about ethos, pathos and logos. I then questioned how an editor uses each on of these different writing concepts in their work. I also thought about ethics, because this is a very important part of any type of professional writer's career.
After I thought about these different aspects editors may use in their careers, I questioned why they are important to know and how these things could help future editors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Were you to perform a more formal analysis of your writing process for this essay, you'd want to spell out in concrete terms what was happening when you were "thinking back" to earlier class readings and class discussions. Were you taking notes? Paraphrasing key points from readings? How did this "thinking back" manifest itself in the early or final drafts of your essay? Why did this "thinking back" manifest itself this way instead of some other way?